There are two ways that you can request screening documents from prospective applicants. If you would like to send an application link personally via text or email, we recommend that you use your Application Link. If you would like the renter to receive an email from Zumper stating that you are requesting documents from them, we recommend that you request your documents via email.
- Your personal application link is located on the left side of your dashboard as Copy Apply Link.
- You can select which documents (Credit Report with Background Check, Rental Application, or both) you would like from your applicant.
This link can be sent to applicants via text message or email. It prompts renters to create and share their screening documents directly with you. To test out this link for yourself, copy and paste it into a window using a different internet browser.
Requesting via Email
- From the Renters tab, click the Screen renters button in the top right corner of the page.
- You will be prompted to enter the address for which you are screening renters. If you already have a property created for this address under the Properties tab, you will be able to select it from the drop-down options. If you have not yet created a property for the address for which you are screening renters, you can simply input and select the fully formatted address here.
- Select which documents (Credit Report, Rental Application, or both) you would like from your renter.
- The final step is to select Email and input the email address or addresses of the renters and click the Next button.
You will receive a Zumper email confirmation that you have requested documents from this applicant as well.
We recommend you screen every prospective renter on an individual basis. For example, if you have a husband and wife applying for a property, you should request documents from two separate email addresses. Due to the fact that our screening is on an individual basis, each person is also responsible for paying their own screening fee. Some landlords prefer to have renters fill out an application prior to a property showing while others will host tours before requesting an application, the order in which you screen renters is entirely up to you.