Zumper has sophisticated security features in place to prevent scams on our site. We are constantly working to protect our renters from scam. Scammers are continuously improving their methods and can slip through the cracks. We encourage our renters to know what to look out for. Common methods include:
- Below market rental rate
- Request to send/wire money before you see the property
- Request for a security deposit before you sign the lease
- Unable to show the property in person
- Out of state or country landlords/agents
- Creating a sense of urgency or high pressure to send money
For additional information on how to avoid rental scams, visit Avoid Rental Scams and Fraud article.