For-rent properties that attract quality leads typically provide a lot of detailed information and pictures in their property listings. Here is an overview of what we recommend you include in your listing. For more information, read How to Write a Rental Ad That Stands Out.
- Property Description: Number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage, the type of property, layout, appliances, flooring, and other interior finishes.
- Amenities: List out what amenities you offer and specify which are included in the rent and which have an additional cost such as laundry, parking, outdoor space, bike rack, or storage units.
- Location: Describe the neighborhood and if there are nearby schools, parks, stores, or access to public transportation.
- Lease Terms: Provide the monthly rent and security deposit amount, the length of your desired lease, the minimum income or credit requirements a renter must meet, the number of people that may occupy the rental, and any pet policies.
- Tour Availability: When are you available to host showings for this property.
- Application Process: Explain how a renter can apply for the property.
- Pictures: Upload high-quality pictures of your entire rental property to help renters get a sense of the space. Don’t forget exterior shots, storage units, common areas, or other facilities available to the renter.