If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
While we do our best to verify all posters on our site, we are aware that some people do slip through the cracks. If you have a question about any listing in which the landlord exhibits suspicious activity prior to you viewing the property, please fill out the support request form with the Zumper website url so we can investigate further.
Common rental scams are:
- You are asked to wire money prior to seeing the apartment
- You are asked for a security deposit before you sign the lease
- They tell you they are out of the country or have moved out of state
- They are unable to show you the property themselves
- They encourage you to view a property on your own
If you find yourself a victim of rental fraud, always report the incident to the FTC using the following link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/