Experian verifies the identity of all applicants when generating credit reports to ensure the information pulled is correct for the applicant.
Below are some common issues regarding Experian verification if you are receiving the message “Experian is unable to verify your identity”:
- Be sure you are entering your first/last name correctly as they appear on your credit card statements
- Be sure you are entering your address as it appears on your credit card statement (omit apt/suite #’s; P.O. boxes are not accepted)
You will not be able to complete verification if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- You do not have credit history over 9 months
- You have active fraud alerts or holds on your account
- You do not have a social security number (at this time we are unable to generate reports using just tax ID number)
If any of the above conditions apply to you, please fill out the support request form so we can make the appropriate adjustments to your account.